Chuchería

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Cowboy Mush: Git along little kitty



This is Our Boy- the one we had before humans. He was originally called Roosevelt- people always asked Teddy or Franklin? The answer would have to be "Greer" , given his size. (20+ pounds). We really just call him Mushy or Mush now. Is this not the funniest picture? He looks like he's posing for it, like it was his choice to don a red cowboy hat. The scale is pretty funny, too, since it looks like a human -sized hat on a gi-normous kitty.

Now, picture him standing over my head in the morning as I am still sleeping. This is what I wake up to- him standing by my head and purring loudly, stomping on the pillows, back and forth between me and my husband. Usually, one of us wakes up to a wall of cat- only white fur in our field of vision. Or, with a proctologist's view of the cat's ass. ("Nice tan!" is what my husband tells him when he does this. He doesn't care.)

For those of you who aren't "cat people", I'm so sorry. I really can't imagine my life without a cat- I'm not opposed to dogs, either- just not quite ready to commit.
I'm one of those "fear of commitment" dog lovers. Or maybe, it's just that I haven't met the right one.

2 Comments:

Blogger zygote daddy said...

Oh, I so understand. It's hard to know when to stop talking about the cats. Something dog people just don't understand.

We, too have a large fleshy cat who likes to walk around on our heads in the morning purring. I figure she just wants to share our brain warmth. The other one howls at the door trying to get out early in the morning (because she is afraid of the dark and doesn't ever want to go out until dawn).

See? There I go with the cat thing...

And I'm totally there with you on dogs, too. They require way more commitment than I'm comfortable with (and this coming from someone having a kid in 6 months!).

5/18/2006 12:35 AM  
Blogger AprilMay said...

The picture of your cat reminded me of one of my favorite blogs/websites:

www.stuffonmycat.com

It's just people sending in pics of stuff on their cats! Pretty funny. Thanks for letting me browse your blog! I teach 1st grade, but in a lot of ways, I think our students are QUITE SIMILAR LOL!

~from a fellow teablogger~

6/26/2006 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home