Chuchería

Monday, May 22, 2006

Crack Kills

Ladies and Gentlemen, this afternoon, the part of Mrs. T will be played by Crabby Old Lady.
Ok, not really- it seemed clever at the time, but I can't really be so clever as to carry off a new post entirely in Crabby Old Lady character. But some days, I truly feel like one. For instance, I am totally sick of seeing the crack of my students' asses. Honestly, sometimes I think I see more skin on my students' bodies than I do my husband's. The "muffin top" look (waist bulge hanging over pants) is not an attractive one. The thong peeking out over low rise pants that hang so low so as to see ass crack? Not attractive. Tiny shirts that my kindergartener could wear? Only on my kindergartener. I look at some of the kids and I seriously think "sausage casing". And to think- my mother had a friend in high school who got sent home for the day because she wore CULOTTS (oh, the horror!) to school one day. Last year we had a big problem with some of the girls wearing these halter tops that basically just had a front- the back was a string. When I was in high school, we would have died before wearing something sooo potentially embarrassing to school. We wore other things that were embarrassing on many other levels, however. I was a teenager in the 80's- that whole Madonna, slutty little girl look was in, but I didn't partake of that too much. There was Big Hair- or "fuck hair" as we liked to call it in college- you know the bangs teased and sprayed into gravity-defying heights. And who could forget acid washed anything?
Ok, so we had our own Glamour Don'ts going on, but I don't think butt-crack is a look for anyone, anywhere, at any time.
(in Crabby Old Lady voice)
"Back in my day, we got nothing and liked it!" I know it's a bit of a non-sequitur, but it's funny to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teacher lady said...

God, this is SO true! Some of my students (the larger females, in particular) wear really, really low rise jeans, but then don't have appropriate underwear, so I can see LOTS of their underwear. Victoria's Secret striped cotton thong? Very popular among the college set. Now? The striped knee socks are back in vogue. I don't understand that either. Last fall I wanted to hand one female student a sweater and say, "Enough already. It's November, and we all know by now you've got nice abs."

5/23/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger happychyck said...

LMAO! At my last school I was so tired of seeing butts and boobs! Although I am at a middle school now, we'd still have the same probs if it weren't for our dress code--standard student attire. Students cannot show stomach, wear spaghetti straps, skirts that don't meet with their fingertips, excessively baggy clothes, etc. They must wear solid colored collared shirts and with plain colored pants or skirts. It's not like the students don't push it, but it's not too bad.

Oops! In the yearbook there's a picture of a girl with like 1/2 inch of her stomach showing. She's standing next to the principal in the photo. EVERYONE has commented on it.

As soon as our girls get off campus, they start strippin' it down. The admin was joking about how quickly they change from school clothes to nearly naked in just a few minutes.

The students hate the dress code, but their parents didn't vote to NOT have it when the letters went out. Most don't spend much on their wardrobes, and by this time of year their polos are faded and dingy looking, but I don't care. Just as long as I don't have to be embarrassed to be in my own classroom because it resembles a peep show...it's all good.

5/27/2006 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home