Chuchería

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Orville and Popeye

If any of you have read 100 Things About Me, then you may recall that I cannot resist popcorn. Today, I took the girls to see Over the Hedge, since it was a crappy, rainy gray day. I got the honkin' popcorn for all of us to share- doled it out into smaller bags so as not to hear "Hey! , " or, more accurately, "Heeeeeeyyyyyya! It's for aaaaaaall of us! Don't hog it! Moooom! She's not shaaaaaarrrring!" in stereo. We settled in for some previews- I love the previews. Previews are as much a part of the movie experience as the actual movie. Did you all know there will be a Santa Clause 3? Did we know there was a 2? And before we knew it, the movie had started and our popcorn? Gone. Does anyone else suffer from this?

I promise this won't become a recipe blog, because I really couldn't pull it off, but I made the yummiest spinach salad for dinner. To washed and dried raw spinach, add some sliced mushrooms, some bacon- I buy the real bacon that's in the salad dressing section, and some hard boiled egg slices.You could also add some tomato slices and/or green onion, but I don't.
Here's the dressing:

1 cup oil
1/3 cup vinegar (white)
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon salt
t teaspoon dehydrated onion

I prepare this in a glass jar and shake it all up. This will keep and be enough for many more salads.

My life is so. damn. fascinating. No?


ps. Does everyone get the title of this entry? Orville as in Redenbocker- of toothsome grin and popcorn fame? Popeye as in the Sailor Man- of spinach chugging and Olive Oil loving fame?

3 Comments:

Blogger happychyck said...

Hmmm...recipes are a nice addition. I'm adept at crockpot cooking, but I could use some nice summer recipes!

I missed the previews when we took the kids to Over the Hedge because I was taking a little stepmommy break. I walked in just as a big scary bear was threatening a harmless, goofy looking creature. I didn't know what the movie was about and I didn't know what to expect, but I didn't expect THAT scary scene. Turns out it wasn't kid scary. Just mommy-who-doesn't-want-her-sleep-interrupted-by-bad-dreams-induced-by-movie scary. I could have used some popcorn to get through that!

Anyway--happy summer!

6/14/2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger French Lessons said...

sounds yummy! what I would do for a nice sald..thanks for the recipe! -slim

6/15/2006 3:00 AM  
Blogger liberalbanana said...

I made the same salad a couple weeks ago, only I was lazy and just bought honey mustard dressing. Not as good as yours, I'm sure, but it did the trick.

6/15/2006 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home