Chuchería

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Poker in the Rear and Liquor?


Last year our neighbor, who is retired, became a Licensed Massage Therapist. We got a letter from the city asking for our ok, since it would mean that our quiet little street, which is currently zoned as residential, would have to go through some re-zoning. We agreed, provided that there be no neon signs and no glittery g-strings- unless WE are wearing them. (bow chicka bow bow)

I know it seems like it might be a GOOD thing to have such a service so conveniently located, but, I just really don't want my grandfatherly neighbor to rub his oily hands over my naked body. He kind of reminds me of Gordon Jump, of WKRP in Cinncinati fame. (and for the under 30 crowd, that probably means nothing, sorry. 70's sitcom references are a weakness of mine). So imagine THAT. Ew.

The above sign has been in their front yard for a little under a year now. Only last week did I realize that it says "Parkin' in rear". AND, count the number of fingers on the right hand.

Can't you just hear it? "Oh, that? That's my '6th finger'. " An old masseuse trick, no doubt.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

6 fingers? Creepy.

Parkin' in rear? It just sounds dirty!

6/09/2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger Mister Teacher said...

Are you insane? Finding a six-fingered masseuse is almost just like finding a four leaf clover!!

And you really should add a few more words to your post's title... It should read, "Poker in the rear, Liquor in the front."

Gordon Jump... That's hilarious. I always liked Bailey...

6/09/2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger zygote daddy said...

Wow, I can actually use one of my favorite words in a comment, and it isn't a total non sequitor:

polydactyly! polydactyly! polydactyly!

OK, I'm better now. Thanks.

6/10/2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

LOL...and eww..."Gordon Jump"? yuk. do people have to pay extra for the 6th finger? double yuk.

6/10/2006 1:15 AM  
Blogger E. said...

Yeah, I definitely remember WKRP.

This sign is too damn funny. The "in' in," the extra finger. But my dirty mind takes it in other directions too - "parkin' in rear" with hands, definitely calls to mind heavy petting in the car. Plus he said "rear." That's inherently funny.

Thanks for stopping by Oral Hygiene Queen. Nice to meet another blogging teacher (Or teaching blogger...).

6/11/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Wendy Boucher said...

Hi Mrs. T-
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm taking a quick peek at sites before heading out to watch the sunset here in Sedona. Oh, have I mentioned I'm in Sedona? Sedona, Sedona, Sedona. I'm already tired of hearing myself say it and I've only been here one day.

Your site looks really funny. I'm bookmarking it for later enjoyment. Cheers. Also, your thingy down below is making me leave my old Blogger address - you know better. :)

6/11/2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

Two words: So. Gross. Although the "parkin' in the rear" is funny. All he needs is another sign that reads, "Liquor in the front," and he's an old dirty joke.

6/11/2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

ok,i am all over the questionable spelling and the wonky 6th finger! i would totally have to see what that was all about!

6/12/2006 6:05 AM  
Blogger liberalbanana said...

That sign really confused me. Once I saw a sign, while in Florida, that said "Bus'es" - I swear. After I finished laughing my ass off, I cried.

Oh god, thinking about the 6th finger is giving me the heebie jeebies. *shudder*

6/13/2006 5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home