A Journey to the Center of My Mind
Things I'm thinking about today:
While watching daytime television:
1. Why on earth does "Good Times" need to be in syndication? Jimmy Walker has got to be one of the most revolting people ever.
2. Flavor Flav needs to maybe forego the purchase of his next timepiece and get that bulldog jaw of his fixed.
3. Is there a 12 step program to help people like me, who get sucked into watching VH1 shows and cannot seem to get enough?
4. Here's a trivia question: What to John Stamos, Rick Springfield and Demi Moore all have in common? *Hint* The answer has nothing to do with Kevin Bacon, or sleeping with Ashton Kutcher.
While hanging my laundry on the line:
1. I am so happy not to live in some prissy, snooty subdivision that forbids the hanging of laundry on an unsightly clothesline.
2. Also happy not to live in prissy snotty subdivision where all homes are varying shades of beige, taupe, tan, grey, and cream.
3. Why does the tag bearing the name "brand" of my cheap underwear from Marshall's say "Eyeshadow"? What the hell kind of name is that for an underwear company? Is it because the sight of me wearing them should make one want to shade their eyes? Or is it because the undergarment actually is dual purpose- aside from the obvious, you could drape them across your brow in really bright light, thus providing an eye shadow?
4. Why have I never called underwear "panties"? Even when my girls were teeny tiny, we've always called them underwear, underpants, undies, or unders? I think it's because "panties" sounds kind of dirty.
5. Feeling pretty good about using the sun instead of kilowatt-sucking dryer.
6. Feeling pretty sure Al Gore is right while standing in melonoma-inducing sunlight, complete with harmful UV rays.
While making lunch:
1. Does everyone get Kitchen Fuzz?
2. How often is often enough to scrub out kitchen cabinets, clean inside of fridge, on top of upper cabinets?
3. What were they thinking when they chose the floral/coordinating striped wallpaper that graces my kitchen walls and matches the butt-ugly hunter green countertop?
While writing this post:
1. Perhaps I have too much time on my hands.
2. Maybe I need a hobby.
3. Maybe it's time for me to start getting ready to go back to school.