Chuchería

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Badump Bump Chhhh!

I am not a huge "joke" person, mostly because I can never remember the punchline or I forget some bit of crucial information and then I end up having an argument with myself AS I'm telling the joke, which, as you can imagine, makes the joke much, much less funny. Do any of you suffer from this affliction? Where you start to tell a joke and it goes something like this:

"So, a priest, a rabbi, and nun- no, a REPUBLICAN, walk into a bar. Or were
they stranded on a desert island together? I don't remember. Maybe one of
them was blonde...."

Not funny, is it?
So,when I DO remember a joke, I must tell it right away to as many people as I can before I forget it for all eternity.
Here's one (with apologies/thanks/credit given to Mr. Garrisson Keillor, courtesy of the "Pretty Good Joke Show" on Public Radio's A Prairie Home Companion)

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Control Freak. Now you say "Control Freak Who?"

Isn't that funny? I have endured several years of groaner knock-knock jokes, and even some non-sequitur knock knock jokes, courtesy of Claire and Lydia, but this one is really funny to me.

Ok, I remembered another- same source.

A man is on his way into a bar and he nearly misses a pile of dog shit right outside the door. He bends down, picks it up and walks into the bar. "Boy, am I lucky!" he says to the bartender, holding out his hand. "Look what I almost stepped in!"

Ok, I'll keep my day job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pieces said...

I love the knock, knock joke and I WILL use it. I tell jokes just like you described. The only joke I can successfully tell is impatient cow knock, knock. You know that one?

9/03/2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger nyceducator said...

I'm afraid I've lost my taste for knock-knock jokes entirely.

However, a lot of people can be very funny without being able to tell jokes, and I'd say the fact that you even notice when your jokes fall flat indicates a sharper sense of humor than many.

9/04/2006 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home