Chuchería

Saturday, September 23, 2006

What a Wonderful World

My Lydia has always had a thing with voices- not other people's, hers. She "does" voices, and quite well for her tender 6 years.
Today was spent soccer-ing, thus loads of together time as a family. She was getting really punchy by early afternoon and was singing and being silly in the van. Her crowning moment, however, was when she sang her scat (as in jazz improv, not scatalogical)version of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" in her Louis Armstrong voice and changed the words to "Mary's Got a Big Ol' Lamb!" I thing Satchemo would be proud.

Edited to add: While Lydia was a-singin' away, older sister Claire was decidedly NOT amused. She suggested to her songbird younger sister that "If they ask you if you want to sing professionally, tell them you don't want to." I have no idea who "they" might be, but I had to laugh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

You have no idea what I would give to have heard that!!!

9/23/2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger Wendy Boucher said...

Me too! What Mrs. Bluebird said. How funny and cute that must have been!

9/23/2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

I heard it... I heard it... and I am smiling...What a great moment... Mary's Got a big Ol' Lamb... Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhhh.......

9/24/2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger NYC Educator said...

I don't know about Satchmo, but I'd be proud. I can see why you are too.

9/24/2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger happychyck said...

Too cute!

9/24/2006 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home