Chuchería

Monday, October 30, 2006

Trick? or Treat?

Tonight was Trick or Treat Night, and as usual, I've got something to say about it.
Such as:

1. Since when did the wearing of pajamas constitute a Halloween costume?

2. If you are NOT wearing any sort of a costume, you do NOT say the obligatory "trick or treat", and you do NOT say thank you, then you do NOT get full treats.

3. Full treats means Reeses, Snickers, Kit Kat, or Butterfinger. In order to qualify, one must come in costume, say "trick or treat" (and hopefully "thank you")and have not yet gone through puberty. Those who do not qualify for Full Treats get individual boxes of raisins, plastic spider rings that will never fit on their sausage fingers, or pretzel dippers with cheese that my kids no longer like. Tonight I gave one teenaged boy who stood on my porch with his backpack, sans costume, a small bag of prunes.

4. Don't even TRY the ol' "Can I have some for my sister? She's home sick." trick. No one buys it- even if it's true.

5. Do NOT DRIVE your kids around the neighborhood. You want free candy? You've gotta work for it. I actually had a woman pull up in her mini van in front of my house tonight, another woman got out - NOT in costume- and came up to the door with 2 buckets, explaining that she had 2 little ones in the van. Um...? It was like 68 degrees out, no rain, no snow, no wind, so the weather was not an excuse, so what was she thinking?

6. There must be a special place in Hell for people who smash other people's pumpkins.

7. I hate scraping the goo out of the inside of a pumpkin.

8. Has anyone ever, in the history of Tricks and Treats, found a razor blade embedded in an apple or other treat?

9. What kid actually likes Mounds and Almond Joy? I mean, those are really for the parents, right?

10. There is nothing cuter than little girls dressed as fairies or little boys dressed as super heroes. (Except these girls dressed as a Cheetah and Laura Ingalls Wilder)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Why did you trick or treat on Monday? I am confused. We live in an apartment and last year only had 1 trick or treater. Don't think I didn't buy 3 bags of candy though. I've got to be prepared.

10/31/2006 5:48 AM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

We always Trick or Treat on the 30th because there's a big parade on the 31st. Some people double dip and then go trick or treating a second time on the 31st in neighboring towns.

10/31/2006 6:53 AM  
Blogger happychyck said...

I can't wear pajamas as a costume? Well, I'm sitting here doing that very thing. With embellishment, of course...

10/31/2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger dear wife said...

Very cute, I cannot wait till next year to take the zygote out. And actually ZD was just saying the other day that actually has never been a case of a razor blade found, it is just an urban legend.

10/31/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

LOVED this post. And your girls are absolutely adorable!!

11/05/2006 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home