Chuchería

Saturday, November 04, 2006

And the answer is.......

C. It's always C, isn't it? Even when I write my own multiple choice test, which isn't often, the answer is more frequently C than any other letter. I laughed and laughed, and then said, "Ok, now which of you jokers is going to move it back??" While heaving it back to its spot, one boy turned to the class and said "See? I told you she wouldn't get mad."
I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

As for my Saturday, I went to Stamp Camp with a friend in the morning. We made hand crafted holiday cards and then went to luch at San Francisco Oven. This afternoon, my daughters had friends over and I was subjected to lots of giggling and some Cheetah-licious dance moves.

Tonight, I loaded the girls up and we went to the fall musical at my school. They did a marvelous performance of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown". I am overwhelmed with their talent. And I was a little verklempt when I read some of the "break a leg" notes in the program from the parents. One note that was missing was from the mom of the boy who played Charlie Brown. See, she left her family last year, overcome with addiction and the complexities of life. "Charlie Brown" says he knows he's better off without her, but he's a little bitter. As I watched him on stage, listened to his beautiful singing voice, I was angry with her. She's got a wonderful son here, and even though he's almost 18, he needs a mom. I know it doesn't make up for anything, and it's probably not very kosher in the teacher code of whatever, but I sent him flowers after the show. The drama department sells them before the show and at intermission for people to buy for the cast and crew. The card said, "You ARE a good man, Charlie Brown! Fabulous performance!" Sra. T.
God forbid I ever crap out on my family, but if I did? I would hope somebody would pick up the slack.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That's so sweet that you sent "Charlie Brown" flowers. I would have done the same thing.

11/05/2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

I LOVE "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"!! And the flowers - he'll never EVER forget that you did that for him. Betcha a million bucks if he goes into education, he'll say you're the teacher who inspired him.

Also, why are we more saddened when a mother leaves her family than when a man abandons his? Maybe because it's less common?

11/05/2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home