Chuchería

Friday, November 17, 2006

And we're off!

Actually, we're not off until Tuesday, which is a welcome change from having to go until Wed. Sure we'd get out a couple of hours early and like 60% of our students were gone anyway. So now we just go to school on Mon. and Tues. And do you know there are high school students- smart high school students who asked me "Do we have school next week?" and "What day is Thanksgiving on this year?" and "When do we come back?" Are they living under a rock? How do they have no clue as to when their days off are? And unless they are recent immigrants to this country, which they are not, they really have no excuse not to know that Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday.

So, the title of this post is really a reference to horse racing. We're the horses, racing through the holiday season. I'm looking at my calendar- work parties and Christmas programs and other parties and gift exchanges, oh my! I know, it sucks to be me- too many parties to go to, boo freaking hoo. What I really want to do is put up my tree, sit in front of the fireplace and watch "White Christmas" and NOT have to go anywhere. Even if it's a fun where. The up side is that I have a sparkly emerald green dress to wear and a shiny red purse to carry with it when I attend a couple of these events. The downside is that it's not the most comfortable thing to wear. Would it be tacky to attend Mr T's work party in yoga pants and a fleece?

Tomorrow is the first installment of the T's holiday festivities. We are going to one of those balloon parades (like Macy's Thanksgiving). We get a primo view, since we are going to watch it from the window of our friend's photography studio downtown. It's a kick-off to the Festival of Trees event, which is a huge fundraiser for the local Arts council. I know, it's very Junior League, but I am a sucker for Christmas-y events.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Your district rocks! We have to go in on Wednesday (and I start cooking that night, so it makes for a loooong day for me).

Himself has informed me that a fake tree is disgusting, but mine's going up Friday, no matter what he thinks. I can't wait.

11/17/2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger Pissed Off said...

we got to Wed--with no time off for good behavior--I'm jealous!

11/18/2006 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home