Chuchería

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time


My book group met this evening. The above is what we read. A fabulous read- the author shows amazing insight into the mind of a high-functioning autistic boy. We all loved the book, which is pretty amazing in and of itself, since our group has some diverse taste in reading. We all agreed that we were sympathetic to the parents of the boy, and yet were very much rooting for the boy himself, Christopher. We also loved that it was British, full of British usage and funny slang. I for one, love the use of the word "poo", for some reason. It makes me giggle and at the same time does not seem as crude as other words.(which, incidentally, I am not above using.)I highly recommend it to everyone, though people who work in education or counselling or social work may find it particulary interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

I loved this book too.

Recently I loved The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant (spelling? can't remember)

11/06/2006 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home