Chuchería

Sunday, November 19, 2006

domingo

Trivia Update: We tied for 1st place and lost because we're stupid. I had no idea that I knew that the place just under your nose is called your philcrum. AND I did not know that the actor that played Cowboy Curtis on PeeWee's Playhouse was none other that Lawrence Fishburne.

Bonus Points duly awarded to Oh the Joys for answering correctly "Philosophy's the talk on the cereal box, Religion's the smile on a dog." Nicely done.

Oh, and the
Zygote has hatched over at Zygote Daddy. Give'em a peek, the very new and adorable Hawkes is starring. It's so funny how you "know" these people out there floating around in the blogosphere.

So, tomorrow after school, my work-week will be half over! Woo hoo! I wish I had something better to offer my students than "perfect" tenses.

I'm watching Vh1's The Fabulous Life, which I should not, because I find out things like Sharon Stone hired her sister Kelly to be her "wardrobe mistress" on the set of Basic Instinct 2 for $40 K. Yes, and I am working my ass off and cannot afford to buy Scholastic magazines for my classroom. What is WRONG with our world?

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

It's so nice that your school is closing so early in honor of my birthday. Too bad my work doesn't have the same idea.

11/20/2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I knew the Peewee Herman Cowboy one but NOT the nose thing. Sad.

And... I knew there had to be a reason I despise Sharon Stone.

11/20/2006 7:13 AM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

I know what you mean. Every time I think about people starving in Africa while John Travolta bought a personal blimp, I get pissed off.

11/20/2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger Mister Teacher said...

Pretty sure the irrigation canal under your nose is the philTrum, with a... wel, you should know ThaT, Mrs. T!! :)

Also wanted to say thanks for the review on Amazon! I appreciate it!

11/20/2006 6:50 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

Phil-TRUM, yes, you are right. See? NOT a mental giant over here.

11/20/2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

When I work some of the more lavish weddings, it DOES boggle the mind that some people happily spend a few grand on the "welcome bags" their out-of-town guests will receive when they check into the hotel. And the weddings themselves can range from half a mil to three-quarters of a mil. For ONE night. For a PARTY. No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

11/20/2006 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home