Chuchería

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Gilmore

And now, a break from Real Life and a chance to pretend we live in Stars Hollow, Connecticut and are close, personal friends of Lorelei and Rory Gilmore.

Have any of you been keeping up with this new season? What do you think of this new Lorelei and Christopher business? Can you even believe they got married in Paris? At the end of last season, I was sort of ok with her going back to Christopher, because that's kind of been her pattern all along. He also seems to be much more part of her "world" than Luke, so they have that bond. Plus, I was really frustrated with Luke for being so wishy washy. He really needed to grow a pair. The part that I don't get is how Lorelei got over Luke so quickly. I know she and Christopher are all lovey and gushy over each other, but wtf? I almost liked him better when he rode into town on his motorcycle and nobody really knew if he was going to stay or not.

And Lane? Ok, cute that she's pregnant after only having sex the one time. But now twins? Kind of cliche.Very cute that Mrs. Kim wants to move in- and very much in keeping with her character. I LOVED it when Zach thought the twins were conjoined and then when he found out they weren't, he was like, "Dude, we can do this!"

I love Rory's new girlfriends, although they aren't nearly as entertaining as Paris- and the Marty twist was interesting. Didn't that happen when you were in college? That whole "3 degrees of separation" phenomenon.
Marty's girlfriend was on "Veronica Mars" last year- which is like the only other show I keep up with on a regular, somewhat obsessive basis.

I fear that this will be the last year for the Gilmores, what with Amy Sherman Palladino having gone bye-bye- I wonder how they'll wrap things up? Will Luke and Lorelei end up together after all? Logan and Rory? I'm dying to know.

What about you? Non-Gilmore watchers need not reply. What do the rest of you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Teacher lady said...

Oh, you know how I feel about this. I believe that this will be the least season. And I DON'T like Logan. Yes, he's cute as can be in a "scruffy-rich-boy" way, but - eh - he didn't exactly treat Rory great. If Lorelai ends up with Christopher, I will personally call up Amy-Sherman Palladino and tell her she should sue the CWB or whatever the hell they are. And finally, yes, we WERE separated at birth. It's confirmed.

11/15/2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger girlfiend said...

I think Rory's whiny and annoying and Logan's too good for her. It's nice to see her making new friends, but the art students are caricatures, not characters, though I did like the hair. And Marty? What was his problem. Why couldn't he just admit they'd been friends? Although really, she did string him along and deserves his contempt.

Lorelai's sudden wedding was totally out of character, unless her character somehow decided that the life she'd so successfully built for herself was no longer good enough. Chris has obviously grown up, but he's still a guy who tries to impress people by throwing his money around. They'll break up soon enough. Stars Hollow isn't the same without Luke and Lorelai at least having a friendship.


Lane's pregnancy is irritating. I can't stand Zach, but it was nice to see Mrs. Kim again.

11/16/2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger dear wife said...

Ug I am so disapointed in this season and this episode was definately a low point. I miss the snappy dialogue and in references. what is with the sap. Oh well it is the last season (I was pretty sure that was why amy left because she wanted two more seasons and the actors onlt one). I really cannot stand the new friend characters, it is like the new writers are trying to write them like the two girls from high school, but failing, they just annoy me. I actually really like Logan, I feel their relationship has that Love Story feel I like. Not sure how I feel about the Chris Loreali thing, I agree the marriage was way out of character and she got over Luke to fast. Not to upset by the pregnancy because from the look of Lane right now, I would say the actress is actually pregnant, so i think it was better they right it in then try to pretend. Did you read the article in the NYT about this season of Gilmore Girls, it was really well done.

11/16/2006 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home