I've got a bad case of the Sunday-itis. You know- when you start dreading going back to work the minute you wake up. You've got loads of laundry to do, you could stand to do a little cleaning, you've got dishes to do and yet, you do things like this:
1. hang your Christmas lights. Since it was like 70 degrees here today, the whole block was out having a big ol' deco-fest. It was kind of cool, although I was horribly reminded of the embarrassing film with Matthew Broderick and Danny Devito- Deck the Halls. We hung icicle lights around the porch- we have a wrap-around porch- and put out 2 small pine trees with white lights on either side of the front door.
2. sleep late and skip church. One of the reasons I hesitated to even take this job at the high school level is because it starts so damned early. 7:45 is too early for teenagers- and too early for me. I leave the house at like 7:10- ugh.
3. go buy a Christmas tree so you don't have to do it next weekend, you can just focus on decorating it. I don't understand people who are indecisive in this matter. Pick out the freaking tree- they all pretty much look the same anyway.
4. take down all fall/Thanksgiving decorations. I tried to be all Martha and had little mini pumpkins in big glass hurricanes on the mantel. Yeah. They got all rotten and moldy. Yum.
5. avoid Lesson Plans. Doing the lesson plans is giving in- admitting I've got to go back tomorrow.
6. correct no papers. Their last quiz was so bad, I just can't face it.
7. wait until 6:00 to start prep work for Brownie meeting after school. Why does all of this sound like a good idea in August?
8. watch your next Netflix movie.
I hope everyone else's tomorrow is a good one. I'm sure mine will be, too, it will just be a rough start.