Chuchería

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, these are 13 things for which I am thankful.

1. My wonderful, long-suffering husband. He is my everything.

2. My two lovely daughters- I always wanted to have a daughter, and luckky me, I have 2!

3. That most of my extended family lives close by. I know-the "ties that bind", but I really like having relatives live near us.

4. My job- I know that I am lucky to have a great school to work at, with great colleagues, great kids and it's 5 minutes from my home.

5. My health, knock on wood.

6. The Democrats kicked some serious ass in this last election. I was very, very worried about the Iowa gubernatorial race. I am so very glad that I won't have to choke out the words "Governor Nussle" anytime soon.

7. That I don't have any "serious" dysfunction in either mine or my husband's families. No one is in prison, no meth labs in the basement, no demonic possession that we know of.

8. For the roof over my head and the food on our plates. I know that we take these things for granted, and there are plenty of people out there who don't have as much.

9. For our health insurance. Lord knows it could be better, but at least we've got it.

10. To have so many wonderful friends.

11. That I have such a great mom who raised me all by herself.

12. That I've been able to travel and see as much of the world that I have, which I know is not much compared to some people, but nothing to sneeze at, either.

13. To live somewhere where my children can play outside safely.

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope all of you have things to be thankful for, too.

13.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home