Chuchería

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Trivial Matters

Mr. T and I are going to play Trivia tonight. I don't know if you all have these where you live, but they are quite the fundraiser here. You get a table of 8-10 people, it's $10 a person, you bring your own snacks and beer and you play 10 rounds that consist of 10 questions each. Each table submits their answers on an answer sheet, at the end of the round, the scores are tallied. It's kind of like tailgating. ONly without the cold. And the football. And the back end of a truck. And the grill. Ok, it's not like tailgatig at all, except for the beer part.

So, I'm really psyched for this. For, you see, although I do not claim to be any sort of intellectual giant, I do have a noggin for useless information, pop culture and also have a frighteningly good memory. I'm just waiting to be asked "What is the difference between a carousel and a merry-go-round?" So that I can answer "A carousel goes counter clockwise and a merry-go-round goes clockwise." Smarty pants that I am. And could someone please tell me why I know that the white part of the orange peel is called the pith? Or why I'm able to name the crew of the Love Boat?

Bonus Points to those who can answer this:

According to Edie Brickell, what are philosophy and religion? (Think of song lyrics, circa 1988)

I know that I personally will suck at the local trivia and sports categories. I'm hoping for a 70's sitcom or Spanish irregular verbs category. I'll let you know how we did.

5 Comments:

Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

Philosophy, is the talk on a cereal box.
Religion, is a smile on a dog.

11/18/2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

good job joys, i was gonna say edie choked in the shallow water so she never got that deep...

11/19/2006 2:22 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

I will now have the knowledge to impress my friends...

A carousel goes counter clockwise and a merry-go-round goes clockwise.( had to write it down or I would forget)

I would just be the worst partner for you at the trivia party...
But you would definitely be my hero...

11/19/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

Again with the separated at birth: I am SO good at trivia. Remembering where I left my car keys? Not so much.

Here's one for you: The Disney artists who created Tinkerbell modeled her figure after the figure of an actress who was becoming famous around that time. Guesses? Marilyn Monroe. At least, that's according to the original edition of Trivial Pursuit and I never forgot it.

11/19/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

Trivia as a fundraiser? This is new to me, and I happen to be looking for a fundraiser idea for our Friends of Fort Donelson group...

11/22/2006 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home