Here are a few things on my mind that I thought I'd share with you.
* My students frequently use the word "bogish". As in, you don't get full credit for your homework because it was late, your response is "Man, that's bogish!". This is actually a bastardization of the word "bogus", meaning fake or false, as in I wrote a bogus check for that fur coat. Try as I may to enlighten them, they will have none of it. It bugs the crap out of me.
* I was recently listening to NPR and they were doing a piece on the evils of gift cards. It seems they are really getting a bad rap this year- too many restrictions, what if the recipient doesn't like the place the gift card is for, blah, blah, blah...
Ok, the way I look at it, if someone gets a gift card, they should be grateful to have gotten it and quit snivelling about it. And if I feel that someone is deserving of a gift card, they should smile and say thank you and, again, be grateful!
* Are the new KFC bowls someone's idea of a joke? It reminds me of these. Did someone say, "Hey! Don't throw away that spoonful of potato and leftover corn! We'll pour gravy over it, sprinkle some cheese on it and viola, we've got ourselves some dinner!"
* Peppermint Oreo ice cream from here is quite close to Nirvana. And I don't mean the Seattle grunge band. Seriously, it is heavenly- just the right ratio of mint to chocolate. Only available seasonally, so get it now.
* As I'm unloading the bins of Christmas supply from the attic, I am struck by just how much of it I really don't even like anymore. Will I want it in 20 years if I get rid of it? I don't think so. It's going to Goodwill.
* I ordered a new magazine and I hate it. Hate. It. I read it and I want to do the exact opposite of everything in it. It's called "Cookie" and is supposed to be a new kind of parenting magazine. I am definitely NOT the target audience. For one thing, I don't think my teacher's salary will allow me to afford most of the products featured. And, I think fashion photo shoots with young children are kind of creepy.
* I have 6 more days of school before break.