Chuchería

Thursday, January 11, 2007

How Big is YOUR Littlest Pet Shop?



"Please let the dog come back out and say what he needs to say!" (said in big, important voice of 6 year old girl)

Followed by:

"Next we have, uh, well, he hasn't been named yet, but we have a brown dog who can jump through this hoop!"

- Overheard in Lydia's room while she was playing with her Littlest Pet Shop toys. Apparently, there was some kind of talent show and one of the little dogs had prepared a speech that was overlooked by the emcee.

Of course, Mr. T likes to refer to them as "The Littlest Pet Shop BOYS", which would be an entirely different play set. (cue 80's Euro-trash synth music..."what have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?")
He's also the same man who thought the bunny's NAME was Pat in the ever-popular baby book Pat the Bunny. That would have been an entirely different book. "See the bunny? The bunny is Pat. No one knows if Pat is a boy bunny or a girl bunny."

8 Comments:

Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

You crack me up.

1/11/2007 9:15 PM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

I LOVED the Pet Shop Boys reference. I had their, um, cassette (sp?) tape. Do you remember the song "Shopping"? The chorus went, "We're s-h-o-p-p-i-n-g, we're shopping." Gob, I miss the eighties. And you're daughter sounds like a hoot.

1/12/2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

Oh my gob - I haven't had my coffee and I typed 'you're' for YOUR. The shame, oh my heaven, the SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!

1/12/2007 8:58 AM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

Oh my gob - I haven't had my coffee and I typed 'you're' for YOUR. The shame, oh my heaven, the SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!

1/12/2007 8:58 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Lately every time I read a blog I end up with an annoying song stuck in my head! Arrrrrgggh!

I think the androgynous bunny named Pat would have made for an infinitely more interesting story, anyway.

1/12/2007 8:29 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Can not believe it?
He thought that the bunny's name was Pat???

I hope you do not mind... But in honour of 'Delurking week'(who thinks of 'holidays' anyway???)I added you to my blogroll... Is that okay???

1/14/2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

Pendullum- I am honored to be part of your blogroll! Honored to keep company with such a talented writer as yourself! And he really only briefly thought the bunny's name was Pat (Pat, the Bunny), but we tend to exaggerate in his Irish Catholic family- makes for a much, much more entertaining story.

Nic, sorry about the annoying song. There's a German word for that- it means "ear worm" or something.

TL- I once wrote "Your Welcome" on the board for my students to copy (6th graders), and one little guy finally raised his hand and said, "Um, I think you misspelled 'you're'." Duh. I never write "you're welcome" and I guess I thought of it as meaning that the welcome I'm offering you belongs to you.

OTJ- you crack me up, too!

1/14/2007 11:04 AM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

I love these little "overheard" anecdotes!!! Kids can be very amusing. :)

1/15/2007 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home