Chuchería

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Thinking Bloggers


Many thanks to my "virtual" friend in Arizona, Nic, at Siempre Fiel, for tagging me as a Thinking Blogger. I am flattered and perhaps slightly embarrassed, since some of my posts aren't exactly along the lines of "thinking" material. Like others who have been tagged and want to be as inclusive as possible, I will leave some very worth names off my short list of 5, only because they have been nominated by others, and not because I think they are not worthy. I would have to include all on Nic's list and Nic herself, but then I wouldn't be able to tag these fine people:

1. Happy Chyck, at Happy Chyck Wonders. I find her to be incredibly engaging as a writer and imagine she is as such in the classroom. No matter her mood, her frustrations, it is always clearly evident that she has a passion for teaching and truly loves her students.

2. Adeline, at Chez What?. She and I are very simpatico in our love for languages and the process by which people learn them.

3. Mrs. Bluebird. When she writes about her students and colleagues and what's happening in her classroom, I feel like I'm there.

4. Mr. Teacher, at Learn Me Good. He's hilarious, and that comes through in his writing. More important, though is that it's easy to see that he is probably highly energetic in the classroom. We need more males in the field of elementary education. This is a second career for him, having left the corporate world. I think that many times, when people come to teaching later, they bring a freshness, balanced by experience to the classrooms where they teach.

5. Teacher Lady, at Sex Ed in Higher Ed. She's taking a break from blogging right now, and I hope it's a short one, because I miss her so. She validates the belief that we should indeed be holding our students accountable for things like properly constructing sentences, showing up for finals, reading the damn syllabus. Plus, she's pretty damn funny.

That's it, those are my 5- very hard to choose, I might add. Go ahead, tag yourself some Thinking Bloggers!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

Wow! I am stunned, flattered, and just tickled silly. What a tremendous compliment...and why'd you have to pick the same ones I would have (with the exception of my own!?)

2/18/2007 5:13 PM  
Blogger Pissed Off said...

You have a great site. I didn't add you as a thiner because Nic did, but I do have your site listed as one to visit. I'm going to check out the sites you've listed in your tag now.

2/18/2007 7:32 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Good choices! I had a hard time limiting my own nominations to five. Did you have the same difficulty?

2/18/2007 8:51 PM  
Blogger MsAbcMom said...

ooh.. am going to check them all out!!!

:-)

2/18/2007 10:02 PM  
Blogger happychyck said...

Thanks daaahhhhhhling! I had difficulty, as did CaliforniaTeacherGuy, and I'd imagine a lot of other people did, too. We have a nice little community, don't we? Oh, and I miss Teacher Lady, too.

2/19/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

Aww . . . thanks Mrs. T! (And happychyck!) It is nice to be missed. Perhaps I will return soon. After all, who else but this online community of teachers would appreciate a sentence like this: "Poor little Cindy was born with ambiguous gentiles"?

2/19/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Mister Teacher said...

Well thank you very much for thinking of little ol' me! I appreciate being known as a thinker, in addition to a blinker and a stinker.

2/19/2007 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home