Chuchería

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Preguntas Meme

I stole this from Shawnee. I loved her answer to the "invisible" question.

What is your favorite book of all time AND what is the absolute worst book you've ever read?It's very hard for me to say my one favorite book- I guess A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is right up there. I also loved The Kite Runner and many others.
The worst book I ever read? Well, that is also hard to say, because if it is really bad, I don't finish it. I did not care much for Catch 22, nor did I like A Confederacy of Dunces. I just couldn't get into it and found it to be pretentious and tedious. I also hated the Shopaholic book, I don't remember which one, just remember thinking how horrible it was and how it was trying to be Bridget Jone's without her spark.

What's your most irrational fear?I have an awful rat phobia- to the extent that I sometimes have nightmares about them. The other night, I woke up after having dreamt that I was visiting some friends whose house was inhabited by these furry rodents who grew to 3 times their size while you were looking at them. EEk.

If you were invisible for one day, who would you spy on?My kids- not because I want to catch them doing anything bad, but because I'd love to see them interact with their friends and hear what they talk about.

What was the first CD you ever bought?I really don't know. If the question had read "what was the first 45 you ever bought?", well, that would be easy- "Movin'Out", by Billy Joel. CD? Maybe Paul Westerburg's "14 Songs"? I really don't know.

If you have to do a shot, what's your alcohol of choice?There's no "have to" with me, it's more of a "who's gonna join me? oh, come on, just one...". I'd have to say Southern Comfort. Yum. It's so sticky and sweet, I could practically lick the glass clean.

4 Comments:

Blogger happychyck said...

Oh yeah! A meme! I can't answer the first question, though. Pick a favorite? The shot one would be a tough one, too. Ew! Rats. I'll spare the story of the war I had with a rat one summer when I was a oilfield worker. Not an irrational fear at all.

4/21/2007 11:42 AM  
Blogger Shawnee said...

I hated Catch-22 & the Shopaholic books (well, to be fair, I only read the first one - it was enough) too. I'm completely with you on the rat thing. We had a teeny, tiny mouse in our house last year. And I was up on the table screaming, "Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!" *shudder*

4/24/2007 11:50 AM  
Blogger Adeline said...

I loved a confederacy of dunces, it was so flippin wierd.

Also if you liked kite runner (which i also lerved) maybe you have read the house of sand and fog? or A fine balance? those are 2 of my stick out in my mind favorites.

4/26/2007 11:14 PM  
Blogger Oh, The Joys said...

I love A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, but The Kite Runner bugged me. The convenience of the re-appearance of the young bully as the older bully.

Also, I hate when "buggering" is used as a device as I thought it was in this book purely for SHOCK value.

Eh?

My opinon. Not worth much.

5/17/2007 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home