Chuchería

Thursday, May 03, 2007

La Entrevista

Shawnee sent me my interview questions. It's such a cool thing and definitely better than correcting quizzes. Do you have loathesome household chores you'd like to avoid? Work got you down? Sick of dishes and laundry? Want to play? Here's how it works:

1. Leave me a comment requesting an interview.
2. I will email you five questions. I get to pick the questions. I make no
guarantees as to their relevance.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation (or a reasonable variation) and an offer to
interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Name five "luxury items" that you could not live without. (i.e., not necessities such as food, water, air, books, Southern Comfort or George Clooney. Although that last one may just be me.)
This is tough. I'm not the jet set, I'm more of the old Chevrolet set. (Although, Mr. T and I once drank a bottle of Meritage that cost $160. I'll tell you about it some time.)

1. I am a perfume snob. Only expensive stuff- Chanel No. 5 is my signature scent.
2. Does high speed internet count? Because there is no way in hell I could ever go
back to (shudder) dial up.
3. Cable television. I lived without it for my whole childhood and most of my adult
life. Now, even though I don't often have time to watch, I love being able to
(don't laugh) watch CSpan if I want, or VH1 or TVland.
4. The Dyson. It's made vacuuming a much more pleasant experience.
5. Taking the van to Miracle Car Wash and letting them clean it - inside and out. I
am not exactly the best steward of my vehicle and it often gets close to complete
squalor, and just letting someone else deal with it makes me feel like a Vander-
bilt or someone.


What other profession(s) would you like to try if teaching ever finally pushes you over the edge?

Well, my dream job - and I mean dream in the literal, I'm not even considering reality sense of the word- would be to be a dialect coach. I LOVE language and sociolinguistics and regional differences in language.
I've also considered Speech and Language pathology, family counseling, nursing. You know, all the fields where the BIG money is.

What surprised you most about pregnancy, labor / delivery & motherhood?
Pregnancy: How much I really loved it, once I got past the nausea, which wasn't too bad for me.
Labor/delivery: How freaking long it took!
Motherhood: How just being a mother can help me connect with people. Everybody was somebody's baby once.

I LOVED your La Familia" post after Christmas and Claire's 9th birthday post. Do you have a favorite post - either yours or another blogger's?

My own favorite post actually got lost. I was dinking around with something and all of a sudden, I didn't have that post anymore. It was about Mr. T throwing away the plastic Little Tikes lawnmower, aka the Mow-Lawn and my lamenting the loss of childhood. Boo hoo. Sometimes I just really wallow in my own drama.
A favorite post from another blogger? Hard to pick. I loved this one from Liberal Banana, who sadly has left the Bloggosphere
, Sweet Adeline's Peace Corps stories and Happy Chyck's Thanksgiving memories. Those are just a few that stand out in my mind.

Name at least one secret guilty pleasure. (I'm hoping you don't dress up the cats like Teacher Lady does to Minnie!)

My cats would kill me. But Mushy did let me do this to him.
I used to think that People magazine was my guilty pleasure. It's not. I'm really more of an US Weekly kind of girl. It's got all the dirt I want with paparazzi-gotten photos a plenty. Yessss!

Let me know in the comments if you want an interview.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

I loved Liberal Banana too. Almost as much as I love that photo of Mushy. Hee.

Great answers!

5/04/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Adeline said...

I want an interview!

5/07/2007 1:55 AM  
Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

The word "dial-up" almost gave me a seizure.

5/08/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

Please, I'd like an interview. And, I bet I'm a worse perfume snob than you!!! It's like an addiction or something with me. You're so right, only the expensive stuff!

5/08/2007 8:39 PM  
Blogger IB a Math Teacher said...

I remember the story about the toy lawnmower!

5/09/2007 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home