Chuchería

Friday, June 29, 2007

Of España, Harry and Milk

Spain was great- I even tried to post while over there, but the internet gods were not in my favor. I had a great time, the students were amazing travelers. I would take those kids anywhere, anytime. It was really cool to see them bond with each other and to experience a new country.
So, now I have returned and I have to say that jet lag has seriously kicked my ass. I slept the entire next day upon my return. The whole day. Who does that, aside from 15 year olds?

I am having a bit of a blogging slump, in case you'd not noticed. I find myself making small obervances during the day, a la Andy Rooney, or maybe Jerry Seinfeld-"Did you ever notice that....". Then, I don't follow up. But, I 'll share with you that it annoys me to no end that there is now standard for the color coding of milk. One dairy has blue for skim, red for whole, etc. So, if I get a different brand, there is the strong likelihood that I will bring home a gallon of 2%, which for me is tantamount to drinking half and half.

I am also annoyed by semantics. Why is it a "nail technician"? There is no part of me that wants a "technician" to tend to. Ew. "Guest teacher?" Please. It's a substitute. "Challenging"? No. It's a pain in the ass.

23 days till Harry Potter. I just may attend the Border's party. It's the last book, the last hurrah, I may as well. I am sooo excited about the book, but sad as well. I hate to see a good thing end.

We are having the house bat proofed. Some of my faithful readers may recall why. It's a lot of money, but so worth it. I am literally losing sleep over this.

Claire is off to camp on Sunday- just until Friday. She is very excited, I am feeling a little blue. I know she'll have fun, but it's a giant step out of the nest.

My birthday is tomorrow. Happy to me! In honour of the occasion, leave me a little comment. I want to see if we can beat my current record of 16 comments (one of which was mine, I think). Would love to hear from you! I've missed you!

12 Comments:

Blogger Adeline said...

yay! Your back! can we expect pictures?

i think it is a bad blogging syndrome, I am perpetually (silently) thinking of blog posts throughout the day, though most all of them (I have a gazillion drafts that never make the cut) end up in the gutter as I realize it is just me soapboxing on the inane or it is not something I want to spend my time thinking/writing about.

I self edit alot in my writing, though can seldom manage it in my speech.

6/30/2007 1:42 AM  
Blogger girlfiend said...

Happy birthday!

6/30/2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger happychyck said...

Mrs. T is back! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope it is the BEST!

I'm with Adeline--pictures soon? Any more small observations that are related to Spain or traveling?

I think a lot of people (myself included) are in a slump--or on vacation. I don't have much to read in the feed these days either.

6/30/2007 9:56 AM  
Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Today is your day: Happy Birthday! June birthdays are the best--mine was the 3rd. May you have a wonder-filled day--and year!

6/30/2007 10:05 AM  
Blogger Shawnee said...

Happy Birthday! Can't wait to hear more about your trip, & about the bat-proofing, which I did not know even existed in the world until about a year ago. Yuck.

6/30/2007 11:23 AM  
Blogger 100 Farmers said...

Feliz Cumpleanos! Welcome back.

6/30/2007 11:49 AM  
Blogger MsAbcMom said...

Enjoy your birthday. Enjoy!

6/30/2007 12:56 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

Oh yeah! I'm so glad you're back! Every day I'd check your page an go "darn, she's still in Spain!" And happy birthday to you! I'm a June birthday as well.

As for the slump...I guess it goes to show how much material we actually get from the antics of our students, doesn't it?

7/01/2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger ms-teacher said...

Your back! I'm glad you had a good trip. Hopefully you'll be over your jet lag soon.

Hope you have a nice birthday!!

7/01/2007 4:39 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

¡Feliz cumpleaños, mujer! I'm so jealous....Spain! I've never been, to my embarassment.

7/01/2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

oops I guess I skipped a little, happy birthday you foxy mama!

7/01/2007 11:23 PM  
Blogger ms. whatsit said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was a good one.

7/03/2007 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home