Chuchería

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Here's something that bugs the crap out of me: JUST when I'm ready to make copies that I will need for my class tomorrow, after having patiently waited my turn, someone comes right up behind me and asks "Do you have very many?" Uh, I don't know, define "many". Like their time is more valuable than mine? Granted, I've wanted to strangle those who run thousands of copies at peak times, tying the machine up for an unbearably long period of time, but my little batch of 75 copies? I think you can deal with. I also hate it when I am making copies and the person behind me is in a hurry and it stresses me out so that I make mistakes - 2 sided and colated and staples, etc.- and have to start over again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pissed Off said...

How about when the person in front of you jams up the machine so you can't make your copies?

8/23/2007 3:59 PM  
Blogger HappyChyck said...

Unfortunately, I'm usually the person jamming the machine. I'm blaming the machines, though. Of course I wouldn't jam on purpose!

I totally hear you about the people in waiting, though. Another thing that irritates me is when I have to put paper in the machine every single time. It's like I'm the only one who open a drawer to refill or lug a case down the hallway.

8/24/2007 11:21 PM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

I've never experienced so much angst over copying and copy machines as I have in the last 3 years. We have more than 1 copy machine in our shiny office, so it's not an issue. Plus, I guess we're not always copying handouts, syllabi and exams and stuff. Don't miss that. You have my utmost empathy.

8/25/2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger NYC Educator said...

Copying machines are one of the leading causes of conflict between teachers. There simply are never enough.

I think everyone's been in your situation.

8/25/2007 5:16 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Been there. Done that. I HATE those people, but I probably have been that person, too. And it's embarrassing to make that mistake and then have to redo it after the other guy who was looking over your shoulder gets to go. grrrr

8/31/2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

Be nice to the machines. Well the Xerox ones anyway! :lol: Sorry I worked for Xerox for 4 1/2 years until yesterday and if you take care of them, they'll take care of you.

My pet peeve was following around someone as they traipsed through the hospital jamming machines and leaving them for me to clean up. That and people pounding the start button and then bitching because it was broken...

HeLLLLLoooo...

9/06/2007 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home