Chuchería

Friday, September 21, 2007

A Room of My Own

I am quite lucky in that I have several colleagues who happen to be my friends. Not just "work friends", but people that I'd hang out with anyway. I'm even luckier in that I've gotten to travel with my dear friend and plan to again.
I don't know if I've mentioned it, but for the past 4 years, I've been on a cart. This translates to my not having my own digs, so was forced to put all my stuff on a cart and wheel it from room to room. Oh, it was crazy. Kids asking me if I was selling stuff, doing the Frogger bit going down our busy hallway. There was a light, however, because I knew that one of the other teachers in our department was going to retire, which he did last year. I was like the youngest child waiting for the oldest to go off to college and leave an empty bedroom to snag.
So, now I am next door neighbors with my travelin buddy. I popped in to ask her how things were going this morning. She said, "Well, in First Block, I had one kid out for 10 days because he got into a fight at lunch, and another kid out for 10 days because he got caught making out in the bathroom. Yep, I've got a Lover and a Fighter."

3 Comments:

Blogger Future Spanish Teacher said...

HA. Nice! That is how one should start out the day. Well, maybe not for those two kids.

9/22/2007 8:24 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

Hooray for your own room! And, hooray for the work you do with High Schoolers! Phew, I am most impressed.

9/25/2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

yeah hooray for your own room! they wanted me to be on a cart. I cannot comment on the feeling that gave me in a polite way.

i am impressed by cart teachers, and more so by noncomplaining cart teachers.

9/25/2007 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home