Friday Five: Guilty Pleasures
1. Stephanie Plum mysteries. So they're not so intellectual. They don't ask much of me. They don't delve into the deeper meaning of life. They are full of sex and violence. And yet, those are the reasons I read them. Also to escape- a little mind candy. Try one.
2. Velveeta/Rotel nachos. I discovered these in college- a little processed cheese food product that is chemically very close to plastic, a can of Rotel tomatoes, some tortilla chips, we're good to go. So it's not "real" Mexican food- it doesn't claim to be. So it's not nutritious- neither is a pound of Brie wrapped in phyllo and baked. (that doesn't count so much as a guilty pleasure, though, because it's kind of shi-shi, which makes it superior, thus causing no reason to feel guilty...)
3. Mental Health days. There is nothing like staying home from work and just lazing around the house. The problem is that I'm not very good at it. I usually end up cleaning and doing house stuff.
4. Blogging. I could be doing so much more with myself. And my house, for that matter.
5. Us magazine. Trashier than People, and yet it gives me all the dish I really want.
So what are YOUR guilty pleasures? You don't have to name 5, unless you really want to.
Labels: Friday Forum # 4