1…. I am going to give the ol' NaBloPoMo a try, as I mentioned. To keep myself from stressing every day over what I shall write about, I have come up with a month-long plan in which I have a theme or focus for each day of the week. During the month of November, anyway, I will be participating in the Thursday Thirteen.
2. Fridays will be host to a "Friday Forum" in which I open up something for discussion. Does that make me a comment whore? Maybe. Oh well.
3. Each Saturday, in honor of the extra over the top show on Univisión, Sábado Gigante, I will be posting in Spanish. I apologize in advance to any butchering of the language that I may do.
4. Sunday will be a snapshot of something I feel like sharing with y'all. Any requests?
5. Mondays will be a trip down memory lane. I will post something about my past. Don't get too excited, I'm really not that interesting.
6. Tuesday will be Teacher Talk- I'll post something teacherish, either what I'm doing in my classroom or some pertinent educational issue.
7. Wednesday will be my Book Chat- I'll post about what book I'm currently reading or maybe an old favorite.
8. NaBloPoMo reminds me of the Seinfeld episode "The Contest" for some reason. Only instead of pledging NOT to do some, uh, pleasuring of the self, we are all pledging to do it. Isn't this just the writer's version of that, anyway?
9. The title of my blog, Chuchería, means: Knick-knack, trinket, or tidbit in Spanish. My friend and I used it constantly when we were in Mexico- lots of chuchería in the shops.
10. I feel horribly unskilled in this whole blogging thing- most of what I know how to do I know by accident-just fiddling around. I don't know if that makes me quite clever or quite dopey.
11. I'm always a bit disappointed when one of my blogging friends drops out.
12. I am curious about Facebook, but don't want to be accused of being a pedophile, so I haven't ever looked at any of the sites.
13. This is the first time I've ever officially done Thursday Thirteen OR NaBloPoMo.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants