Chuchería

Thursday, November 15, 2007


Thirteen Signs That It's Thanksgiving at La Casa de T




1. No one on the Mr. T's family is able to make a decision regarding when, where and if we will all be celebrating together. Seriously. One year it was the Sunday before and they were still like "Wha? We're not sure what our plans are yet...".

2. The annual watching of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. I don't get tired of it. I really love it when Snoopy deals out the toast.

3. The Chicas T do not have school on Wed. Woo hoo! Let's hear it for collective bargaining!

4. The Family T commemmorates the meeting of Mr. and Mrs. T by going out to eat and attending the Festival of Trees the night before Thanksgiving.

5. The turkey and fixings have been bought.

6. Mrs. T stresses out about the making of gravy. I am a purist when it comes to gravy - no jarred or powdered stuff for me!

7. The Thanksgiving books have been hauled down from the attic and we have multiple readings of A Cranberry Thanksgiving.

8. The tv is tuned to NBC to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade- the original- while the turkey cooks and fills our house with wonderful smells.

9. All of the serving dishes are laid out with sticky notes telling what goes in them. (I know, control freak, but very much worth the effort.)

10. Unlike others in our neighborhood, the Christmas decorations are NOT put up. I don't quite understand people going directly from Halloween to Christmas.

11. Mr. and Mrs. T watch Home for the Holidays. Possibly the BEST holiday movie EVER.

12. The dining room table is all set and dressed up in its holiday best. I am lucky to have inherited china and silver from several different people and I really do use it.

13. We make turkey notes. I guess it's really just a local thing, but they are a sweet tradition.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1 Comments:

Blogger HappyChyck said...

I love all your little traditions! You know I'm wildly jealous! ;-)

11/15/2007 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home