Chuchería

Monday, December 17, 2007

7 Random Things Meme

I have been tagged by the lovely Ms.Teacher. I know this is one that's gone around the blogosphere, but I've not actually participated. If you are a regular reader of my blog and are so inclined, consider yourself tagged.
The rules are:

- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Uno: My birthday falls in the exact half of the year (June 30), which I think is kind of cool. My astrological sign is Cancer, and the glyph for that sign is like a yin-yang. I was born in the year '69, which is also a yin-yang sort of thing. I think all this together is why I like symmetry.

Dos: I worked a third shift job at the newspaper once- running the insert operator. It was very noisy, very dirty and I worked with some very shady characters. To pass the time, I sang the entire Rickie Lee Jones album to myself. Chuck E's in Lu-uhv, Chuck E's in love....

Tres: While I appreciate how tricky it is to make, I do not get why people eat divinity. Yuck.

Cuatro: Grumpy people with no sense of humor who don't "get" me bring out the devil in me and make me say and do things when I'm around them just to mess with them.

Cinco: When I was a kid, gym class was so traumatically unenjoyable that I to this day have an aversion to doing anything athletic. As part of a wellness initiative at my daughters' school, they are inviting parents to come to school for physical fitness tests- I'd rather pass a kidney stone. Seriously.

Seis: When I eat candy that is multi-colored like M&M's or Skittles, I tend to sort them into piles by color, then eat enough of each color so that I equal numbers of each color in each pile, then eat them one by one so it all comes out evenly. I was once publicly ridiculed by my RA for doing this while I was in college. I thought she was such a dork and so worthy of my own ridicule and scorn, that I was not bothered by this in the least.

Siete: I once took one of those on-line religion quizzes that aligns you with a religion according to how you answer questions. It said I was a "neo-pagan Catholic". I think it's pretty accurate, crazy as it may sound.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ms-teacher said...

what a fun seven things. My husband likes to mess with people in the same way as you do and I eat m&m's the same way!

12/17/2007 8:10 PM  
Blogger Professor J said...

neo pagan Catholic--I like that.

12/17/2007 9:50 PM  
Blogger NYC Educator said...

I like the whole idea of a religion quiz. But this one had way too many ads for Holly Hunter's TV show.

12/18/2007 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home