Just a bit of an update for your reading pleasure. I'm in end of term mode, so it's Lists Aplenty in the Casa de T.
1. To the recently divorced, attractive colleague of mine who is in her mid 30's and is now not-so-discreetly dating the brand new baby science teacher: First of all, good for you, girl! And second of all, nothing says (screams, really) "Hey! We're sleeping together!" like coming to work together in the morning. (Inner Priss is having an issue with this one.)
2. Staring at piles of papers to correct, I silently impart wisdom on some of my students- "Hey, Dummy! If you'd actually do some homework once in a while and maybe didn't sprawl all over the desk during class and sat up and paid some attention, you'd have done lots better on that test!"
3. Going to see Wicked this Saturday! Mr. T and I will have a nice little weekend in the Windy City while the girls go to Camp Grammy. Of course the forcast looks bleak. I will undoubtedly pack all the wrong clothes as I have done on every previous trip to Chicago. Too warm , too cold, too rainy.
4. I leave for Spain 2 weeks from tomorrow! Me, my wonderful friend and colleague and 15 teenagers. Am feeling every possible emotion all at once. Sooo excited, yet stressed, worried, sad about leaving Mr T and girls.....
5. Last weekend went to see classmates of the girls- they had a "gig" at a local coffee shop- amazing talent in these 2 boys; one in 1st grade, the other in 4th. I felt good about indoctrinating the girls into the world of live music- especially when you know the band. I've always dated guys in bands- it seemed perfectly natural to haul the girls along. Mr T helped them pack up all their equipment- the boys' grandmother later commented on "what a nice kid" he is. She thought he was like 25. Here we were several years ago. Neither of us was 25 then, either.
6. I feel guilty for not wanting to have a speaking component to my final- mostly due to logistics. Anyone have any advice? Suggestions? I've got Spanish 1 and 2 right now. We use the book "En Español" (hate it).
That's all for now.