Chuchería

Monday, January 07, 2008

Driving around in a funk. Literally.

Before anyone gets their undies in a wad about the title of this post, hear me out. To be sure, I abhor the misuse of "literally" (a la Hillary Clinton saying that people were "literally freezing to death" while waiting to enter their caucus sites.) But read on, and you will see that it is indeed a good use of "literally".
Let me explain:
We've had our usual January thaw here- 50 degrees today, complete with tornado watch. Last week, the high was like 3 degrees. Crazy.
Yes, I enjoy the warmer temps, although the leaves that we were not able to rake before the snow fell are now exposed. Oh, the shame! Also? my van has had wet boots and feet in it for the past month. It's been cold, the mats, etc. haven't really dried out, giving off the wonderful smell of ass sour washcloth. Yum. I am living that Seinfeld episode where Jerry leaves his car with the valet and when he comes back to get it, it has an unidentifiable funk. That's my car.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sunshine said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll be back!

1/07/2008 7:37 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

oh golly, at least your smells are not of rot so much...

our cars, while not cluttered, um well okay they are cluttered, have a terminal, unsufferable stench of spilled coffee, spilled child beverage with crackers, and general left the car window open in the rain smell.

there is no air freshener in the world...isn't a bit like reverse aromatherapy?

1/07/2008 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home