Chuchería

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

H.P. to the L.McG.

For 2 years running, my girls made their Valentines for their classroom Valentines parties. One year they had one of those foam kits that made dogs and cats and they were on a stick like a little puppet. Very cute. Very tedious. Very messy. Not very creative. So last year, I bought pink and red paper, doilies and stickers for them to "create" Valentines. Cute. Tedious. Messy. Sort of creative. I decided the making of the Valentines for the entire class was bullshit, so I bought them on clearance after Feb. 14. I got a box of Harry Potter and a box of Lizzy McGuire. I just recently unearthed them and was all stressed out about who was going to choose which kind. I very seriously confronted my daughters. "Well, here's the deal. We've got one box of Harry and one box of Lizzy. Who wants what?" I steeled myself against their response, anticipating "I WANT LIZZY!!"
What I got instead was them looking at each other, then at me like I was crazy (or cray-cray as my students like to say) and they said, "We just figured we'd split them. We'd give the boys the Harry Potter ones and the girls Lizzy McGuire."
Well, I'll be damned. Why didn't I think of that? Probably because I'm over thirty and jaded.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunshine said...

My kids would never be that brilliant. I should have bought old ones after last year too, this year I'm totally doing that. You are a genius.

1/24/2008 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home