Chuchería

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Meme that Ate St. Louis

A meme I've stolen from Tense Teacher. I'm sure you'll all find my answers to be titillating (heh heh, I just said "titillating") and fascinating.

1. Are you taller than your best friend?
I'm taller than no one. I'm so short that I can't reach stuff at the store and rather than suffer the humiliation of having perfect strangers reach up and get the things I'm after, I do without.

2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
I really like this big Pentel pen, but it has a tendency to leak. I mostly use free pharmaceutical pens my husband used to hoard get at his old job.

3. Look at your planner; what are were your plans for January 15th?
Tuesday is our free day, usually. Let's see, on that evening, I met some of my girlfriends for dinner- we all used to teach together and now are all at different buildings.
4. What color are your toenails usually?
In the winter, I give them a break, so they are au naturel, but in the summer, I like bright reds, pinks and oranges.
5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
My hair, although it's really colored more than high-lighted.
Oh, the marker? Probably something in my gradebook.

6. What color are the curtains in your bedroom?
I just have a valance hanging - matches the bedspread- big red poppies on a white background with green leaves.

7. What color are the seats in your car?
Greyish charcoal, I guess. I don't pay much attention.

8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
Yes, the cat I had when I was a kid. He was mean, but for some reason we liked him and he lived to be 15. I love black and white kitties.

9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
Invitations to Claire's slumber party.

10. Do you know anyone who lives in Japan?
No, but I know of several people who have.

11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
Money for Trivia Night (fundraiser for church) and beer to drink at said trivia night.

12. Last baby you held?
My friend's son, born in October. He was just about 10 days old. I still get those little pangs.....

13. Can you spell well?
Quite, but watch, I'm sure that after having declared that, I'm sure to have a misspelling or two in this post.


14. Do you like cinnamon toothpaste?
Yes! I love it. I do not like the citrus and definitely no peroxide/baking soda for me.

15. How fast have you driven in a car before?
I suppose almost 90, but only for passing purposes. I mostly drive with my kids these days, so I don't like to put their lives in danger any more so than necessary.

16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators?
Could care less. Don't even know which sport we're talking about here. Where I come from it's Packers or Bears? (Bears); Cubs or Sox -or Cardinals (Cubs).

17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
I went to Adventureland in Des Moines this summer with my cousins and their kids- a big group of us. I've never been to Six Flags. The last time I went to Adventureland as a participant was when I was about 20- my friend Debbie and I went on all these rides that either went back and forth or around and around and we got kinda sick.

18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?
Yes, though not by choice. I peeled off all the blue floral paper in our bedroom- very easily- only took about 20 minutes. There is wallpapery wallpaper in our dining room, and I'm sure that if we were to remove it, huge chunks of wall would come off with it. Same thing in our den- there is rice paper/textured paper that has been painted over. We'll probably just paint over it. Then there's the kitchen that sports very ugly Waverly wallpaper in forest green and burgundy- a floral above and an ugly, coordinating stripe below a chair rail. AND the fugliest border that is along the baseboard all up our staircase and into the hall.

19. Closest thing to you that is yellow?
Silk carnation pen I got for Mother's Day. It's in a tiny, handpainted flowerpot filled with dried beans so I can "plant" the pen.

20. Last person who gave you a business card?
I have no idea. Maybe my husband when he changed jobs- new phone number.

21. Who was the last person you wrote a check or money order to?
The girls' school library. They have a Birthday Book program to help them with the cost of new books, the kids can bring in $10 and then pick out a new book from a shelf and be the first person to check it out. They also get a sticker placed on the inside cover with their name and birthdate.

22. Closest framed picture to you?
Several photos of family- Mr. T and I at an office Christmas party, his grandma's h.s. graduation picture, Lydia wearing a diaper next to a Happy New Year hat- she was supposed to be Baby New Year.

23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
A couple of weeks ago we went to my mom's for dinner- she made roast beef.

24. Have you ever felt you weren’t good enough?
Have I ever!

25. How many emails do you get in your inbox daily (excluding spam)?
At work? Probably 20. Home? Maybe 7.

26. Last time you received flowers?
A woman in my book club brought everyone a cute potted primrose at our Jan. meeting.

27. What’s one thing you live for?
My family.

28. Do you play air guitar?
No, but I love to sing.

29. Has anyone ever proposed to you?
Proposed what? Marriage? Yes. Twice, but the second time was complete with bended knee and teary eyed onlookers around the Christmas tree.

30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
Cream, no sugar.

31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?
Yes, it was a gift. I'm pretty lukewarm on them, but I do like the sappy sentiments that come with them.

32. How many books have you read in the last year?
I don't know- I should keep track, though. Maybe 25?

33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
My SIL's good friend graduated with me- we played trivia together Sat. night.

34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
Noon. I know the hype is that it's no good, that hand washing is better, but the sanitizer is still better than nothing. I have a quart of it in my classroom and encourage its frequent use.

35. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
Would I like to learn? Not really. Would I like to be able to play? Yes.

36. What color are the blinds in your living room?
I don't really have blinds- just shades that need to be replaced.

37. Have you ever developed your own film?
No

38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
Some dumb editorial. I don't know why I torture myself.

39. What was the last pageant or play you attended?
Our school’s variety show.

40. What is the last place you bought pizza from?
Papa Murphy's (take and bake)

41. Have you ever worn a crown?
Not so much.

42. What is the last thing you stapled?
Who cares? Our Xerox machine staples automatically, so I don't do as much stapling.

43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?
I am really more loyal to Coke, but the sheer novelty of the clear Pepsi begged it to be tried.

44. Are you ticklish?
Oh, hell yes.

45. Last time you saw fireworks?
After a baseball game, I think.

46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?
Can't remember, and now it'll be a while, because our local franchise up and closed last week.

47. Who is the last person that left you a message, and you actually returned it?
My mom, I think, calling about what time to babysit.

48. Last time you parked under a carport?
Before our friends moved in 2001 they had a nifty little carport. Here in the north, they are not very common.

49. Do you have a black dog?
Who wrote these? No, I have 2 cats.

50. Can you give one reason why David Caruso is allowed to keep acting?
Is he that redhead that was on NYPD Blue? I suppose it's his ass?

51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
Yes!
(aunt only by marriage, but my cousin's kids call me Auntie.)

52. Who has the most gorgeous eyes that you know of?
My daughter Claire has really pretty blue eyes- almost violet.

53. Last time you saw a semi truck?
I'm sure I saw one on the way to school today. They aren't on my radar, since I see them so much.

54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe?
Huh?

55. Do you have a little black dress?
No.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home