Chuchería

Monday, February 25, 2008

I'd like to thank the Academy

RE: The Oscars, does anyone else feel like they were just served a big bowl of "Who the hell cares?" That being said, here are my thoughts:

I thought the pair from that Irish movie that won "Best Song" were cute and that it was sweet of them to allow her to come back out and have "her moment".

I'll agree with Mrs. G that Daniel Day Lewis takes himself far too seriously.

John Stewart, I love you, but you just weren't that funny last night.

Helen Mirren, you may be a sophisticated actress and all, but you seem like you've got a big stick up your British butt.

Ellen Page, you are darling. You are fresh, you are genuine and you are unique. I was rooting for you.

Diablo Cody- Way to Go! I don't even care that you were/are a stripper exotic dancer. You're an alum of the Iowa Writers' Workshop and remind me of people I know.

The Brothers Coen- I think I want to see your movie, but only if you can promise me I won't want to hang myself afterwards.

Kristin Chenoweth et al- thank you for a bit of magic- makes me want to see "Enchanted".

Mr. Jack Nicholson- Dude, you're in your 70's. Lose the stupid shades. Are you like, stoned or what?

Penelope Cruz- I saw you on Michigan Avenue last October outside the Motorola Store when you were doing the Red promotion with Bono. Don't you remember me?

Laura Linney- I would totally hang out with you.

Ok, so I guess I cared, just a little.

4 Comments:

Blogger Professor J said...

I thought Diablo Cody was awesome.

2/26/2008 11:02 AM  
Blogger Mrs. G. said...

Like Professor J, I loved Diablo Cody. The fact that she was a stripper only makes me want to have coffee with her more.

And, sadly, I'm going to have to agree with you on Jon Stewart. It was not his night. For me, it's all about Billy Crystal.

Also, Laura Linney is way up high on my Secret Girlfriend list.

2/26/2008 8:33 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

The Oscars were last week?

I must have been busy reading or knitting...or better yet, listening to an audio book while I knitted.

Yeah, that must have been it.

3/01/2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

Enchanted is a funny movie, and both my daughter (11 going on "I know it all") and I really enjoyed watching it.

3/03/2008 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home