Chuchería

Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Favorite Things

I'm going to go all Oprah on you and profess to you my Favorite Things. If this were a talk show, you would all look under your seat to find a goody bag full of my faves. Here they are in no particular order:


1.
Have you had the pleasure of Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Hand Soap in Geranium scent? Lemon Verbena is also quite lovely. She has a whole line of other heaven-scented products that you can either purchase on-line or at your local health food/organic grocery.





2.
For those of you who handle a bit of paper in a day, or who suffer from dry hands, this stuff is awesome for your cuticles. Keep it in your family room by the TV- apply in the evening while you're watching. It smells good, too.







3.
More of Burt's Bees- the lip shimmer is so great. It's a lip balm, it's a lipstick, and best of all, it smells and tastes great. I have several colors- the rhubarb and merlot. I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't like this stuff. Get one for your purse, your desk drawer, your upstairs bathroom, your downstairs bathroom.





4.
For anyone with curly hair- this stuff works wonders. I love it for days when I don't wash my hair, I can spray this stuff on and it revitalizes my curls. It's light, too, not like a hairspray.








5.
I wore foundation in my early make-up days- along with my liquid blue eyeliner, sparkly purple eyeshadow and wicked lightning bolts of blush. I always hated the feel of foundation- for a while I used the Clinique Pore-minimizer makeup and that really made me feel like a clay-face. So then I quit wearing it altogether- my skin can be prone to zits, so I felt it was better for it, in spite of what the white-coated chicky behind the Clinique counter at VonMaur might tell me. More recently, I've been concerned about sunscreen, so I've been using an spf moisturizer and in the winter I really need a moisturizer. I've noticed that my skin is looking a little blotchy, so I decided to re-visit the foundation. I ended up with L'oreal mineral powder foundation and I quite like it- it evens out my skin, but it feels very, very light.


6.
This stuff is so strong-tasting, but so delicious. It's very cinnamon-y, bit diffused with other flavors. It's perfect for a winter day, or if you've got a bit of a cold and your taste buds are kind of off.







7.
This is such a treat, without the high-calories of a flavored latte. It is by far the best hazelnut-flavored coffee I've tried. I add about 4 scoops to the pot of regular coffee- just to give it a kick.







8.
So refreshing, such a great, basic beer. Sold in the midwest, I'm not sure about elsewhere. The other Leinie brands are good, too, but the Honey Weis remains a constant.








9.
Sometimes I pretend that these are a much, much healthier alternative to other salty, greasy chips. I don't think they are, really. They are tasty, though.









10.
Oh, the pleasure of wearing Danskos! I have one black pair and am scoping out these red ones for my next purchase. I am a bit of a shoe hound, but the Dansko is something to fall back on- you can dress it up, dress it down- it's a clog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I am absolutely in love with Burt's Bees cuticle cream - there's a pot in my purse, in my living room next to the couch, and in my bedside table. Also, I wear the Nutmeg variety of the lip shimmer...

I'm not much for clogs, but I do love Land's End All-Weather Mocs. Thirty bucks for a great pair of comfy, durable, goes with everything shoes

2/17/2008 3:15 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

This year I just bought my first pair of Ecco's. My sister-in-law raves about Dansko's though, I love the Ecco's I bought it seems hard to believe that anything could be better.

will try that tea, and yes love the burts bees lip shimmer, just wish there were more colors.

2/17/2008 7:12 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

I also like Good Earth's jasmine tea. Hey, I'm going to go make one right now! Before I go though, let me agree on those Danskos. Like Birkenstocks, they may not get a Best of Beauty award any time soon, but for us teachers? Who have to stand on our feet ALL DAY? They are great! Mine are black patent, but I like the red ones you've shown here.

2/24/2008 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home