Chuchería

Monday, March 31, 2008

1 Potato, 2 Potato (or is it potatoe..... )

A potato recipe (and I use the word "recipe" loosely):

Boil up several pounds of new(ish)red potatoes. Leave the skins on. When they are fork tender, drain the water and smash them with either a fork or a potato masher. If they are done, they should just pop right open. Dump in some sour cream. Snip some fresh chives into it all and mash/smash some more.

Leftovers? Store in fridge. The next day, or whenever you get to them before they turn black, scoop out a spoonful, form into a patty. Dredge in flour to get rid of excess moisture. Fry in a small amount of HOT oil. Season with salt, pepper and some onion powder. Turn when a dark, golden brown. You can serve with applesauce, sour cream or just enjoy them as is.

I love 2-fers.

For the record, I'm joking about the "potatoe". Anyone out there old enough to remember Dan Quayle? He though Murphy Brown was a threat to society. Nevermind the fact that she was a fictional character...

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. G. said...

Potatoes are my weakness. Thanks for the ideas. How can you go wrong with sour cream and chives?

3/31/2008 8:00 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

Oh, yum! I love the potato, in all and any forms! As far as I'm concerned the only food groups worth eating are meat, starch and sugar. Basically. Oh, except you need some fruit for the apples to go on the potato pancakes. :)

3/31/2008 8:44 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Mmmm. Potato pancakes. I like mine with onion - not so much with the sour cream...

I despised Dan Quayle. My loathing for him is literally nothing compared to my deep and abiding hatred of our current administration, though. Just when I thought I couldn't be any more frightened by my government.

4/01/2008 2:41 PM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

I am with you on the government thing Mrs Chili.

As for potatoes- oh yeah, baby! Let me at them.

4/01/2008 6:48 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

Yes I do remember the whole Murphy Brown thingy... Much ado about nada...

4/14/2008 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home