Chuchería

Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Five

Five Things I Scored at the Goodwill Today:

1.
The author of this book visited our school several years ago. The kids seem to like his books a lot, so I figured for 38 cents, I could check it out- then put it on my own kids' bookshelf.














2.
This is a piece of Blue Ridge (pottery? china? I don't quite know...) I had a friend several years ago whose mother had an antique shop and she was always picking up pieces of Blue Ridge. I don't know how collectible it is or what it goes for, but I got it for $2.38. Does anyone know anything about Blue Ridge?








3.
These 2 cups were taped together and were a whopping 88 cents. I like the shape of them- I figure I can use them for soup.









4.
Our neighbor gave us the Fisher Price dollhouse complete with, well, everything. This camper goes with the dollhouse and people and was only $3.38. Lydia has already played with it, and it's so cool how it opens up and the beds flop down. It is "gently used"- not dirty and nasty at all.



5.
This is marked "Ardsley" on the bottom, as well as "International Silver Co.". I thought I could clean it up and then use it for a floral arrangement. It was $2.38.


So, for a about $10, I did quite well, I think.

5 Comments:

Blogger NYC Educator said...

Clearly you're a smarter shopper than I am. I have my eye on a $600 violin bow and a cool little $299 laptop I saw at BJ's.

Actually, I'm thinking of selling some of my old stuff to rationalize these purchases. But I'm gonna have to get more than 88 cents, I think.

3/29/2008 11:41 AM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

$299 seems too good to be true for a laptop. Can you haggle? The bow seems about right

3/29/2008 11:53 AM  
Blogger HappyChyck said...

That pitcher is very cool!

3/29/2008 11:39 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

joys of goodwill never end, same with garage sales, except seems like there are so many folks that set just crazy prices on stuff and you wonder if they really want to sell it or not...

3/30/2008 12:30 AM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

Cool finds, Mrs. T. You are a bargain shopper extraordinaire. Me, I spend a lot of money on jewelery making supplies. I try to get some of it back by selling my jewelry, but I am not much of a salesperson.

3/30/2008 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home