Thirteen Ways that Mrs. T is kind of "old school".
1. Sometimes I say things like "because I said so" (to my own children) and "let's have more work and less talk" (to my students).
2. My preferred soft drink is Coke (classic).
3. I make my own pie crust.
4. I think thank you notes are a must.
5. I've never used a tanning bed.
6. I enjoy listening to recordings of old-time radio shows like Fibber McGee and Molly and Jack Benny.
7. The t.v. is not on during dinner, which is usually eaten in the dining room, unless it's spring or summer and then on the porch.
8. I think if you're the newbie at a job, you need to show up early the first few weeks.
9. I still can't call my friends' parents by their first names, and with many school friends of my own children, they call me Mrs. - it's more of a reflection on the school climate.
10. I think Seven and 7 is a fine drink.
11. I think talking on a cell phone whilst (I love the word "whilst")shopping is incredibly tacky.
12. I own a punch bowl and use it. Ditto about 20 of those glass "snack sets" ladies had in the 50's and 60's for bridge club and bridal showers. It's a rectangular plate with a little place for a matching punch cup. Some of the plates are other shapes- but you get the idea.
13. I am strangely picky about the pencils I use. I prefer Ticonderoga No.2 (the yellow ones with the green metal band around the eraser). I prefer that they be pointy-pointy, sharpened with a manual pencil sharpener, not hand-held, and not electric.