Chuchería

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Fiddle Dee Dee

What's going on with me these days?
Well, we had our 13 year old cat put to sleep today. He's been ill for some time now- kidney/liver failure due to complications from feline diabetes. He was not able to keep food down and was starting to crap all over my house. I brought him home in my jacket when he was 6 weeks old to the day. A woman I worked with had a cat who had kittens and I picked the one I wanted. I remember counting the days and circling the date on the calendar that I could go get him. I miss him.

My mother in law was diagnosed with stage 3 lymphoma and starts chemo this week.

I have a mountain of school work to do.

The girls and I are supposed to go camping this weekend with the Brownies.

I leave for Spain in 9 days.

So, what am I doing tonight? Going out with some girlfriends for dinner and "Sex in the City".

How very Scarlet O'Hara of me.

12 Comments:

Blogger NYC Educator said...

Very sorry to hear about your cat and mom-in-law.

6/03/2008 4:38 PM  
Blogger ms-teacher said...

Sorry about your cat & MIL. We will soon be faced with having to put down our kitty due to her incurable cancer.

I hope that Spain helps you to put some of this out of your mind, even if for a little bit.

6/03/2008 6:06 PM  
Blogger HappyChyck said...

Sorry to hear about your cat and your mother-in-law. I hope your break from reality gives you the energy to endure everything on your plate right now.

6/03/2008 6:25 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Going to dinner and a movie with girlfriends is EXACTLY the right move. Let yourself breathe for a little bit....

Love you!

Chili

6/03/2008 6:51 PM  
Blogger MsAbcMom said...

You definitely need some "you" time. Enjoy the movie and Spain.

6/03/2008 8:49 PM  
Blogger Pissed Off said...

Sorry to hear yur troubles. Hope the movie helps.

6/04/2008 6:05 PM  
Blogger Miss Señora said...

Oh man I hope tomorrow is better. I'm so excited for you to go to España soon. Will you blog about it for us?

6/04/2008 6:42 PM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

Mrs. T I am so sorry about your kitty and your mom in law.

I am with Mrs. Chili- the movie was just the right thing to do.

Do enjoy Spain and tell us all about it.

Sojourner

6/05/2008 8:39 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

So sorry about kitty and MIL. Hubby and I took care of MIL the last few years of her life and I still miss her. Imagine, missing a MIL. As for kitties...we lost our Big Boy in November to a brain tumor and now our little girl, Morgan, has cancer as well. I know it's just a matter of time, but I figure any additional day I get is precious. Amazing how you fall so much in love with pets (especially if you don't have human children). Hugs and headbutts to you.

6/05/2008 9:10 PM  
Blogger EHT said...

Oh my, I'm Scarlett O'Hara as well. So sorry for the extra loads you are carrying. Hugs and prayers are being sent your way. :)

6/06/2008 3:46 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

Thanks for the note, Sista!! Wish I was going to be around when you're nearby at the conference, but I'm up north teaching summer camp, visiting friends, and going to a wedding in July. Drat.

6/07/2008 4:44 PM  
Blogger 100 Farmers said...

Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
- Notebook, 1894
Mark Twain

6/16/2008 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home