Chuchería

Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Yes, well, this is my last birthday in the land of the 30-somethings. Woo freaking hoo.
Nothing too crazy for the celebratin', just hanging out.
Did anyone catch the hostile comment left in my last post? I was going to comment on the comment but decided against it and instead just deleted it. I had no idea I could inspire such hate, such venom.
Moving on, yes, I did make my Zurich connection with minutes to spare. We were about 4 hours late getting in to Chicago because of a freak thunderstorm, so we had to land in Milwaukee, where there were blue skies and sunshine, and hang out on the tarmac. We could have DRIVEN to Chicago and back twice during that time, but US Customs regulates that no one get off or on the plane. We also were not allowed to be served any beverages during that time. Even though, you know, they were the EXACT SAME beverages we were drinking up in the sky.
It's wonderful to be home and the jet lag has not really been so bad. I watched Spain beat Germany in the Euro Cup final championship game yesterday- very exciting, as they haven't won since 1964. ¡Viva España!

10 Comments:

Blogger MsAbcMom said...

Hey...Happy birthday to you. I celebrate my last birthday in the 30's on the 13th of July.

Welcome back.

6/30/2008 6:49 PM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Mrs. T-e-e-e happy birthday to you!

Glad you got home ok. We had us a wild freak thunderstorm accompanied by 90 mile an hour wind on Friday. Made a big mess of Omaha.

6/30/2008 6:56 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Happy birthday! I've loved my thirties (I'm in my last year, too) and am looking forward to the forties. It just keeps getting better.

You had a TROLL?! Oh, I'm SO sorry I missed that - I LOVE poking at trolls...

Welcome home! I'm happy you're back!

Love ya!

Chili

6/30/2008 9:11 PM  
Blogger HappyChyck said...

Happy Birthday, dahhhhhling! I've heard the 40's are pretty awesome.

Welcome home! I've enjoyed hearing little snippets of life in Spain. Thanks for having a cool summer adventure! Any pictures to come?

6/30/2008 9:32 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

I am glad you are handling the last of the 30 somethings well, and Happy Birdday! You set a good example, I will be right behind you.

6/30/2008 11:40 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Happy Birthday! And you'll be happy to know the weather has finally been pretty nice. NO RAIN!!!

6/30/2008 11:48 PM  
Blogger Profesora de español said...

Welcome back, and happy belated birthday!

7/01/2008 4:05 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

A Happy Happy Belated birthday to youuuuuuuuu!!!!
Mrs. T!!!!!!!!!!

7/04/2008 9:47 AM  
Blogger Mrs. G. said...

Happy belated birthday!

7/04/2008 4:26 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

What you had a Troll? And you wouldn't let us thrash him for you?

And I thought we were friends!

lol

And happy belated birthday!

7/16/2008 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home