Spain Post #2
It´s quite hot here right now. 34 to 40 degrees centigrade, which I have trouble making the conversion.
We visited a museum on the outskirts of town of Wolf Vollett who was a German artist in the tradition of Yoko Ono. He made a lot of "happenings". Very interesting. His philosophy was "La vida = arte= La vida". It was in this national park type of place called Barruecos, which are these humongous rocks. The land here is very harsh, hence the name "Extremadura" (extrema , extreme and dura, hard).
The way of life here is so much different. My days have pretty much been like this:
1. Wake up at 7 or 7:30. Drink my cafe con leche out of a big bowl and eat some pan.
2. Walk to our meeting point, which means I walk through this beautiful park called Canovas, which I think means canopy. It´s got palm trees and benches and a fountain, so pretty.
3. Catch the bus to the university.
4. Have classes with amazing professors who are teaching us all about Spain in the 21´st century.
5. Go home for the main meal at around 2. Have a siesta.
6. Go back to class or do something with the group.
So far it has been great. We went to Salamanca yesterday, which is sooo beautiful. We went to Trujillo today, which if it had been much cooler would have been much more enjoyable.