Swiped this from Mrs. Chili, who shamelessly stole it from Chatty.
1. Who are your favorite authors? Tough call. Right now, I'd have to say John Irving, Amy Tan, Julia Alvarez, Harper Lee, Lorna Landvik, Betty Smith, Maud Hart Lovelace and Lucy Maude Montgomery.
2. What are your favorite books? A Prayer for Owen Meany, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Anne of Green Gables, Middlesex,A Handmaid's Tale, all Harry Potter, to name a few. It's almost like asking a mother which one of her kids she loves best.
3. What kind of books do you tend to read? I like an epic tale that spans a lifetime. I like books that explore the complexities of family relationships.
4. Do you prefer to borrow books from the library or buy them? Seeing as how I can never seem to get my books back to the library on time, I'd have to say I prefer to buy them- no pressure. I scour the Goodwill and garage sales and get really good stuff, but I also splurge on new books at Borders. Our school has a "Books are Fun" dealer who brings books to school for us to buy and I usually dump some cash with them, too. It's a sickness, really.
5. Do you prefer hardcover or paperback?
Depends on the book. If it's something I'm reading for fun, I prefer paperback, for it's weight and portability. Reference books or books for keepsakes, I prefer hardback.
6. What was the last book you read? What are you reading now? Right now I'm in a "mind-candy" rut. The last book I read was Janet Evanovich's Ten Big Ones, and I'm currently reading Eleven On Top. I love those Stephanie Plum novels- like I said, "mind candy".
7. Do you read everyday? Oh, absolutely.
8. On average how many books do you read per year? Never really counted. Maybe 25?
9. Do you belong to any book clubs? Yes, 2, but I'm thinking about breaking up with one of them.
10. Recommend a good book. Water for Elephants, The Thirteenth Tale, Lottery, A Girl Named Zippy, How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents, Lamb. Plus all the other books I mentioned. I will probably think of a gajillion more as soon as I click on "PUBLISH POST".