You know how we all have our own little hot-button issues that bug the ever-living crap out of us? Here are some of mine:
1. It's "iced tea", people, not "ice tea". I know it's "ice water" and that it defies logic, but it is what it is. Get it right. Write it correctly on the menu.
2. That fruity, ice-cream-like treat that isn't sorbet? It's called sherbet. SHER. BET. As in "Sure bet", NOT "Sure Burt". Only one "r" there.
3. Cheap gauzy fabric= MUSLIN, with an "N".
Member of Eastern religion=MUSLIM, with an "M".
They are not the same thing.
4. Well, I was all set to tell you about the big ol' presentation I went to about the beauty of a well-run "advisor-advisee" program, where the presenter misspelled "advisor", only to discover that "advisor" is an alternate and acceptable spelling to "adviser". Hmmph. Smarty-pants me not so smart.
5. Jargon. Especially Edu-jargon. Here are the words that will be a part of my reality for the upcoming school year: