Chuchería

Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Five

You know how we all have our own little hot-button issues that bug the ever-living crap out of us? Here are some of mine:

1. It's "iced tea", people, not "ice tea". I know it's "ice water" and that it defies logic, but it is what it is. Get it right. Write it correctly on the menu.

2. That fruity, ice-cream-like treat that isn't sorbet? It's called sherbet. SHER. BET. As in "Sure bet", NOT "Sure Burt". Only one "r" there.

3. Cheap gauzy fabric= MUSLIN, with an "N".
Member of Eastern religion=MUSLIM, with an "M".
They are not the same thing.

4. Well, I was all set to tell you about the big ol' presentation I went to about the beauty of a well-run "advisor-advisee" program, where the presenter misspelled "advisor", only to discover that "advisor" is an alternate and acceptable spelling to "adviser". Hmmph. Smarty-pants me not so smart.

5. Jargon. Especially Edu-jargon. Here are the words that will be a part of my reality for the upcoming school year:

differentiated intruction
trajectory
paradigm shift
multiple intelligences
community
common planning
common assessment
sub-category
transition

10 Comments:

Blogger Pissed Off said...

.99 cents is really 99/100 of a cent. That is one that drives me crazy.

7/18/2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger D. Prince said...

I have an editor friend who would love you!

7/18/2008 11:17 PM  
Blogger cupcake said...

I live in the south, and that whole "ice tea" thing is a thorn in my paw.

I have discovered, however, that southerners are stubborn and don't care. Bless their hearts.

7/19/2008 6:24 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

ICED tea. That one makes me crazy, too. I'm also unhappy about how often people confuse "less" and "fewer." Ugh.

7/19/2008 4:38 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

mrs. chili~
I know! I even have started to "over-correct" on the "less and fewer" front. Oy.

7/19/2008 5:04 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

May I add to the list, too? Lol.

Mischievous: It's MISS-CHEE-VUS, not miss-chee-vee-us! The word ends with "vous," not "vIous." Hmmph. *Goes back to seething*

:-P

7/20/2008 11:40 AM  
Blogger NYC Educator said...

Thanks for catching me up on the jargon. It's always good to toss these terms about, make sure no one knows what the hell you're trying to say, and watch them avoid you, knowing you might actually understand them and reveal they don't.

7/20/2008 6:56 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

my favorite (now probably passe) is "cultural competence".

wtf, I have heard so many definitions of this it makes my head ache.

Lately at our school it was something about positive collaborative work groups or something.

What is sad is that at one point I really wanted to be on board with everything at the school, but it seemed the pages turned so quickly in the book of school improvement and it was hard to see the plot ever advancing, just that there were always more hoops. I am sure that probably means I have a bad attitude. I don't mean to.

7/26/2008 1:46 AM  
Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Oh, Adeline, you do have a bad attitude--but it's completely understandable!

7/26/2008 6:32 AM  
Blogger sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,a片,情趣用品

A片,A片,AV女優,色情,成人,做愛,情色,AIO,視訊聊天室,SEX,聊天室,自拍,AV,情色,成人,情色,aio,sex,成人,情色

免費A片,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

情色文學,色情A片,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,言情小說,愛情小說,AV片,A漫,AVDVD,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,成人交友,成人電影,成人貼圖,成人小說,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人遊戲,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,成人論壇


av女優,av,av片,aio交友愛情館,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,情色視訊

A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖

3/05/2009 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home