Chuchería

Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Five

1. $150,000 on clothes for Caribou Barbie and her family? Seriously? Who's going to check up on them/verify that they are actually given to charity after the election? Even if Edwards got a $400 haircut every week, it would take him a while to get up to $150 K.

2. It's Finals Week and as usual, I'm up to my hubs in papers to correct, phonecalls to return and emails to answer.

3. I'm going camping with the girls and Brownie troop this weekend. Yes, all 18 of them and their mothers. I'd really rather have a root canal. The good news is that we will be sleeping in the lodge, and not in soggy tents upon the cold, cold, ground. I'm really not happy with the Girl Scouts in general, but I'll save that for another post.

4. I MAY have found a "new" show for me to watch. Since most of what I like has gotten canceled in the last several years, or is on cable channels that I do not get, or are on some kind of hiatus (Big Love), I have been without a show to follow. That may have changed, after inadvertently stumbling upon "Dirty Sexy Money" they other night. What did it for me was the appearance of The Weepies at the end- that scored major points with me. We'll see how they do. They do have the brother from "Six Feet Under" and one of the Baldwins that isn't Alec and there is affluence and greed and politics.

5. In the words of Mrs. G, Keith Olberman is my new Secret Boyfriend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

1. $150,000 on clothes for Caribou Barbie and her family? Seriously?

And this in the midst of an economic meltdown where her precious Joe Six Pack is in real danger of losing his huntin' cabin. What was wrong with the clothes she already had? Dumbasses.

10/24/2008 7:23 PM  
Blogger Sra. Profe said...

Amen to you and Mrs. Chili.

But then again, did we expect anything else from those people?

10/25/2008 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home