Chuchería

Friday, January 02, 2009

Open House Part 2

More guests for you to meet: (I'm just going down the blogroll, which isn't working right now, for those of you who use it.)

He's listed twice, but not for any other reason than my own ineptitude and the fact that Blogroll is not working. I'm talking about Corky, who writes about his young son and other hilarious topics. I can't remember how I stumbled upon his blog, but he made me laugh, so I blogrolled it. Miss Señora is no longer doing the teacher blog thang, but I enjoyed it while it lasted. Death by Children - the name says it all! The Lovely Mrs. G over at Derfwad Manor is my blogging idol. She is definitely someone I'd love to hang out with and she blogs almost EVERY DAY! Props to her! Plus, she's introduced me to the idea of the Secret Boyfriend(s). Dolce over at Dolce Bellezza loves books, red lipstick and perfume. She is my kinda gal. Plus, her son is a lot like my husband was when he was a young lad, so I feel a kinship with her. Kristin is a blogpal from my early days of blogging. She's got 2 boys and a little girl and is very funny. Another bloggy friend from the early days is the talented Wendy Boucher, who in addition to being a lawyer and talented artist, has published 2 novels! Given the date of her last post, though, I am thinking she's bid farewell to the blogging at least for a while. Check out Fred's World next. He's a teacher in Florida and has 3 lovely daughters- one of them was even Homecoming Queen! Girlfiend is another mom who has decided to take a break from teaching to stay home with her babies. She's got 2 boys now and it's been fun watching them grow up on her blog. Happy Chyck was one of my very first readers to comment and I feel like I know her. She blogs about teaching in Las Vegas- and she blogs about other stuff, too. She tells a great story- I particularly enjoyed her Thanksgiving stories one year.
I became a fan of Haven Kimmel when I read her wonderful book "A Girl Named Zippy". Her blog is a delight to read.

Have a drink and some appetizers- I'll continue the introductions tomorrow!

5 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

Thanks for the mention. And, since it's Friday night, I'll have that drink you mentioned!

1/02/2009 8:17 PM  
Blogger Michaele said...

Ooh, more places for me to visit this year! Thanks for sharing!

Michaele

1/03/2009 3:34 PM  
Blogger Sojourner said...

Nice Open House. Enjoyed the treats :) Will have to visit some of these folks in the coming year. Happy New Year to you Mrs. T!

1/03/2009 7:19 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

yeah thanks for the shout out

i went to death by children and they write really well!.

hb

1/03/2009 9:38 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

ps your blogroll is the one i always go to to find something to read. i think we have similar tastes or something...

1/03/2009 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home