Chuchería

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Oh, hello....

... where have I been? Oh, well, like many others, I have been lured away by the social network that is known at Facebook. (hanging head in shame...) I'm not going to lie, I do enjoy reconnecting with people. Maybe it's because I live in a big small town. I have made some really good re-connections and have rekindled some friendships. I am appalled, however, at the amount of dirty laundry people air- yikes!

I have often asked myself how the blog differs from the Facebook (I like calling it "the Facebook"- makes me sound kinda retro and folksy). With the blog, I feel like I have "friends"- although I've not been such a good one with the abandonment and all. I actually find myself thinking about some of you and awkwardly telling some of my friends IRL about you..."yeah, my uh... friend in New York/Las Vegas/Portland/Kentucky/California".... it's kinda weird, although perhaps no stranger than the pen-pals people had years ago. I do like the anonymity of the blog- very few of my friends and virtually none (? I hope) of my family members read this. I like to write and this is such a wonderful outlet for that- and connecting with people professionally. In some ways, I don't feel that I can express myself as freely on the Facebook. I have co-workers and former students as "friends", so I keep it pretty light. I can let loose a bit more on the blog. Having said that, I also feel the need to maintain anonymity to a degree, which goes against my nature.

I'm sure I've lost all of my previous followers. Perhaps they will return? Or maybe I will get a whole new crop.

6 Comments:

Blogger ms-teacher said...

You haven't lost me as you are on my blogreader. Welcome back!

11/06/2010 12:26 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

Awww- thanks ms-teacher!
I've lost my blogroll, so I am relying on others'.

11/06/2010 1:20 PM  
Blogger HappyChyck said...

I know exactly what you are talking about with Facebook. There are times that it sucks my time, but I don't know why. Most of them--my friends and colleagues--don't have many interesting things to say.

I also considering people I've met while blogging to be friends, too. I'm so glad to see you're back. I thought you were gone forever.

11/07/2010 5:38 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks to Bloglines, I always know when long lost bloggers come back! Welcome back! After quitting Liberal Banana, I started Frau Farmer, and then quit that, too. I am a fan of The Facebook as well and found that I don't miss blogging anymore. Definitely easier to just write one witty (??) status update than a whole coherent blog post!

12/03/2010 2:20 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh - but clearly, I don't check my bloglines account often - you posted this back in November! Ha! Oopsie.

12/03/2010 2:21 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

ahh always enjoyed your commentary and witticisms. And appreciated your interaction. I noticed after being not acknowledged often times at one place I regularly commented that I felt less inclined to return after that went on for awhile. Hope you will continue to write and not join me with the hoards into that sucking noise called the facebooks. please keep writing!

12/30/2010 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home